- Grape variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Geographical Location: Located in the Côte de Beaune in Burgundy. The climatic conditions are favorable for growing grapes. His show is perfect in the east or south-east. The altitude is between 280m-380m. The soils are composed mainly of limestone and marl.
- Harvest: Manual
- Maturing: 100% oak barrel origine Allier and Vosges.
- Tasting notes: Its colour is the deep, dark red with mauve highlights which caused Victor Hugo to speak of it as “night in combat with day”. Its aromas are redolent of blackberry, bilberry, or gooseberry, cherry pit and ripe plum. Often, wild and feline notes develop with age. At full maturity, it tends towards leather, chocolate and pepper. It needs to be given time to open up to its fullest extent and to display its mouth-filling texture, its firm but delicate structure, its fruit-filled mouth, and its chewy tannins, which by then will be properly smoothed down.
- Temperature serving: Serve at 16°C-18°C
- Keeping qualities: From 5 to 10 years
- Serving Suggestions: with its dense and massive tannins rev-els in furred or feathered game, braised or roasted, which will find in Pommard 1er cru an invaluable collaborator. Thick cut beefsteak, lamb, or stewed poultry will respond to its firm-textured tannins and concentrated aromas. It is a natural partner for French cheeses with well-developed flavours: Époisses, Langres and Sou-maintrain, but also Comté.
Pommard 1er Cru AOC - Burgundy
Red wine - 750ml