- Grape variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Geographical Location: Located in the Côte de Beaune in Burgundy. The climatic conditions are favorable for growing grapes. His show is perfect in the east or south-east. The altitude is between 280m-380m. The soils are composed mainly of limestone and marl.
- Harvest: Manual
- Maturing: 100% oak barrel origine Allier and Vosges.
- Tasting notes: Beware of preconceived notions! The fame of Pommard in the 19th century earned it the image of a wine that is both forceful and virile. In reality, time, terroir and methods of vinification have all combined to cre-ate a more subtle reality, a wine that is both richer and more sensitive. predominant astringency enhanced by marked acidity and mellowness appearing only when the wine gets older. This very firm wine is no doubt one of the most tannic wines of Burgundy.
- Temperature serving: Serve at 16°C-18°C
- Keeping qualities: From 5 to 10 years
- Serving Suggestions: This wine represent with its dense and massive tannins revels in furred or ffeathe-red game, braised or roasted . Thick cut beefsteak, lamb, or stewed poultry will res-pond to this firm-texture tannins and concen-trated aromas. It is a natural partner for cheeses with well-developed flavours.
Pommard 1er Cru AOC - Burgundy
Red wine - 750ml