- Grape variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Geographical Location: Village Appellation of the Côte de Nuits district, (dept. of Côte-d'Or). This appellation includes 41 Premiers Crus « climats » (named plots). Producing communes : Nuits-Saint-Georges, Premeaux. On the label, the appellations NUITS-SAINT-GEORGES and NUITS-SAINT-GEORGES PREMIER CRU may be followed by the name of the « climat » of origin.
- Harvest: Manual
- Maturing: 100% oak barrel origine Allier and Vosges.
- Tasting notes: Their colour is an intense crepuscular crimson with a hint of mauve. The nose often features rose and liquorice. The young red wine has aromas of cherry, strawberry and blackcurrant, and when matured, leather, truffle, fur, game. Notes of macerated fruits (prune) complete the picture. Muscular and vigorous, chewy and full-bodied, its structure is both well built and well-balanced and it is long in the mouth. It is most fully enjoyed after several years' laying down which rounds it out and underlines its sensuality and breeding. The (rare) whites have a strong gold colour. They are firm and usually heady with a bouquet of brioche and sometimes honey, underpin-ned by white flowers.
- Temperature serving: Serve at 15°C-16°C
- Keeping qualities: From 5 to 10 years
- Serving Suggestion:
Its normal partners would be any meat that is at once full-flavoured and virile (roast lamb, rib steak, breast of fattened duck…), as the wine firmly coasts and envelops its fibrous texture. It also services with some cheeses : soft centred cheeses in the style of Epoisses, Langres or Soumaintrain.
Nuits Saint Georges 1er Cru AOC - Burgundy
Red wine - 750ml