- Grape variety: 100 % Pinot Noir
- Geographical Location: The Échezeaux vineyards, for their part, divide the Clos de Vougeot vineyard from the Vosne-Romanée Premiers Crus vineyards. The Échezeaux Climats have more diverse soils (largely bajocien marls with pebbly overlay). Altitudes vary from 230 to a little over 300 metres (13% gradient at mid-slope). Up-slope, the soil is deep (70-80 cm). Gravels, red alluvium, yellowish marl, etc., make up quite a complex mosaic.
- Harvest: Manual
- Tasting notes: Its colour is ruby, shading towards the darker tones of magenta and purple. Its bouquet is redolent of animal, spice notes, underbrush, and prune, evolving with age towards musk, leather, fur and mushroom. When young, its aro-mas suggest rose, violet and fresh cherry. On the palate, there is a heightened attack and an agreeable balance bet-ween supple tannins and fully-rounded flavour. The dense texture and tight grain of these wines fully open after 4-5 years in the cellar.
- Temperature ser-ving: Serve at 15°C-16°C
- Keeping Time : More 20 years
- Service suggestion: Wines so powerful and full demand to be matched with dishes of the samecalibre. Virile, four-sided tannins cry out for roast lamb, rib steak, or joints of game. Autumn and winter dishes in the right setting match the profound and meaty personality of these great wines: braised beef or pork, for example, or any other good red meat. Fine, whole-milk, soft-centred cheeses will also do them proud.
Echezeaux Grand Cru Appellation, Burgundy
Red wine 750ml