- Grape variety: 100% Pinot Noir
- Geographical Location: This is the largest of all the Grands Crus which situated in the central part of Côte de Nuits. The Clos Vougot vinyards was created by Citercian Monks, from the 12th Century to 14th Century. Vougeot’s neighbours are Chambolle Musigny, Flagey-Echezeau and Vosne Romanée. Its 50.59 hectares have never ben broken up and it retains its identity intact within the walls whiche were built to enclosed it 5 centuries ago.
- Harvest: Manuelle
- Tasting notes: The Clos de Vougeots are Typically denses dark colour, toasted fro a long maturiy in new french oak barrl. In the mouth, these wines described as sample, fleshy, strong and long, generally maintain a good balance between fine tannins, well-roundedness and discrete acidity. They also live a long time.
- Temperature serving: Serve at 15°C-16°C
- Keeping qualities: From 5 at 20 years
- Food Pairings: With dishs rich and satisfying. Red meats, game birds, soft cheeses.
Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru AOC - Burgundy
Red wine - 750ml