- Grape variety: 100 % Pinot Noir
- Geographical Location: The Grand Cru vineyard of Charmes is located below Chambertin, next to Griotte-Chambertin,is exposed to the east. The soil is brown limestones (the clay content is about 40%), washed and iron ore.
- Harvest: Manual
- Maturing: 100% oak barrel original
- Tasting notes: The color is intense, pure and bright. The first impression is cherry, woody and a little of spicy aromas appear, with an elegant musk. The flavors are extraordinary in their richness and harmony, neither too rough nor too heavy. fine tannins, powerful, giving the body a silky texture. Although these sumptuous Grands Crus share a family resemblance, each has its owe distinctive nuances.
- Temperature serving: Serve at 15°C-16°C
- Keeping qualities: From 5 at 20 years
- Service suggestion: This is an iconic pinot noir wine. With the strong tasting food : leg of mutton, beef bourguignon, game, chicken in wine, game pâtés. And rib steak will also benefit from the match, not forgetting soft-centred cheeses which will get strong support from the wine’s power and aromatic persistence.
Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru Appellation - Burgundy
Red wine - 750ml